English idiom study
p.41~51, DIARY of a Wimpy Kid, RODRICK RULES #2 - Jeff Kinney
๐ ๊ธ ํ๋จ, ์์ ์ฐธ์กฐ
getting pushed around by A A์ ์ํด ๊ดด๋กญํ์ ๋นํ๋ค
push around ๊ดด๋กญํ๋ค
up a notch on the totem pole ๊ณ๊ธ์กฐ์ง์์ ํ ๋จ๊ณ ์ฌ๋ผ๊ฐ
up a notch ์์ค ๋์ธ, ๊ฐ์ ์ํจ
totem pole ๊ณ๊ธ ์ ๋
lay a finger on A ~์๊ฒ ์์ ๋๋ค(๋๋ฆฌ๋ค)
like the other day ๋ฉฐ์น ์ ์
stuff ์ค์
๋ฃ๋ค
Page 42
let A have it ํผ์ญ์ ๋ด์ฃผ๋ค
Page 43
tinfoil ์๋ฐ์ง
stick out of ํ์ด๋์ ์๋ค, ๋์ ๋๋ค
sticking out of ํ์ด๋์ ์๋, ๋์ ๋๋
make up for ๋งํํ๋ค
mark my words ๋๊ณ ๋ด๋ผ (Because mark my words, if I don't get rid of it, I'm gonna end up sitting on it)
end up ~ing ๊ฒฐ๊ตญ ~ํ๋ค
Page 46
lost track of ์ด๋ ์๋์ง ํ์
ํ์ง ๋ชปํ๋ค
turn up ๋์ค๋ค
turned up ๋์์ (I'm just glad it finally turned up)
in all the commotion ๊ทธ ์๋ ์ค์
commotion ์๋
Rodrick has an English paper due tomorrow
for once ์ด๋ฒ์๋
write B out B๋ฅผ ์ธ์ธํ๊ฒ ์์ฑํ๋ค
hand B off to A A์๊ฒ B๋ฅผ ๊ฑด๋ค๋ค
Page 47
read over ๊ผผ๊ผผํ ์ฝ๋ค
all sorts of factual errors ๋ชจ๋ ์ข
๋ฅ์ ์ฌ์ค๊ณผ ๋ค๋ฅธ ์ค๋ฅ๋ค
go ahead ์งํํ๋ค
like it is ์๋ ๊ทธ๋๋ก (He tells Dad to just go ahead and ype the paper like it is.)
can't stand ~ing ~ํ๋ ๊ฑธ ์ฐธ์ ์๊ฐ ์๋ค
from scracth (์๋ฌด ๊ฒ๋ ์์ด) ๋งจ ์ฒ์๋ถํฐ
Page 48
put an end to B B๋ฅผ ๋๋ด๋ ค๊ณ ํ๋ค
this time around ์ด๋ฒ์๋
I could tell ๋๋ ์ ์ ์๋ค
drive totally bananas ๋ฏธ์น๊ฒ ํ๋ค (The sound of Rodrick typing was driving Dad totally bananas.)
Page 49
cracked ๋ฏธ์ณ๋ฒ๋ฆฌ๋ค (After a couple of hours, Dad finally cracked.)
at least for now ๊ทธ๋๊น ์ ์ด๋ ์ง๊ธ์
for now ์ง๊ธ์
I'm really not sweating it ๋ณ๋ก ๊ฑฑ์ ์ด ๋์ง ์๋๋ค
sweat ์ํ์ฐ๋ค, ๊ณ ๋ฏผํ๋ค
I've been millkng ์ฐ๋ ค๋จน๊ณ ์๋ค
milk ์ฐฉ์ทจํ๋ค
Page 50
all set ๋ค ๋๊ฑฐ์ธ, ์ค๋น๋
Page 51
look A up in the dictionary ์ฌ์ ์ ์ฐพ์๋ณด๋ค
sleuth ํ์
๐ 22:08
๋๊ธ ์์:
๋๊ธ ์ฐ๊ธฐ