๊ฐ€์žฅ ๋งŽ์ด ๋ณธ ๊ธ€

2025๋…„ 3์›” 14์ผ ๊ธˆ์š”์ผ

English idiom study] p.52~60, DIARY of a Wimpy Kid, RODRICK RULES #2 - Jeff Kinney

English idiom study

p.52~60, DIARY of a Wimpy Kid, RODRICK RULES #2 - Jeff Kinney


๐Ÿ‘‰ ๊ธ€ ํ•˜๋‹จ, ์˜์ƒ ์ฐธ์กฐ


Page 52

So we basically pretended he was still gone.


Page 53

It was pretty funny.

I had an extra chocolate-chip cookie in my lunch bag, and I made a bog deal about/of it.

made a big deal about/of it    ์œ ๋‚œ์„ ๋–จ์—ˆ๋‹ค


Page 54

So maybe that one was a little cruel.    ๊ทธ๊ฑด ์ข€ ์ž”์ธํ–ˆ๋˜ ๊ฑฐ ๊ฐ™๋‹ค

let Chirag off the hook    Chirag๋ฅผ ๊ทธ ์ƒํ™ฉ์—์„œ ๋ฒ—์–ด๋‚˜๊ฒŒ ํ•ด์ฃผ๋‹ค

but then again,    ๊ทธ๋Ÿฐ๋ฐ ํ•œํŽธ์œผ๋กœ๋Š”

turn into    ~๋กœ ๋ฐœ์ „ํ•˜๋‹ค

be/get in on it    ๊ทธ๊ฒƒ์— ๋™์ฐธํ•˜๋‹ค

get too far ahead of oneself    ๊น€์นซ๊ตญ์„ ๋งˆ์‹œ๋‹ค

or anything    ๋ชจ ๊ทธ๋Ÿฐ

in the bag    ๊ฑฐ์˜ ํ™•์‹คํ•œ, ๋ณด์ฆ๋œ

dreaming this one up    (ํ˜์‹ ์ ์ธ) ์ƒ๊ฐ์„ ํ•ด๋‚ด๋‹ค

(I don't want to get too far ahead of myself or anything, but I think I might have Class Clown in the bag for dreaming this one up.)


Page 55

make a big/great show of ~ing    ๊ณผ์žฅ๋˜๊ฒŒ ~ํ•˜๋‹ค (I made a great show of counting everyone in the room except Chirag.)

set A off    A๋ฅผ ํ™”๋‚˜๊ฒŒ ํ•˜๋‹ค

stare straight ahead    ๋˜‘๋ฐ”๋กœ ์ •๋ฉด์„ ์ณ๋‹ค๋ณด๋‹ค


Page 56

keep my mouth shut    ๋‚ด ์ž…์„ ๋‹ซ์€ ์ฑ„๋กœ ์œ ์ง€ํ•˜๋‹ค

manage to keep my mouth shut    ๊ฐ„์‹ ํžˆ ๋‚ด ์ž…์„ ๋‹ซ์€ ์ฑ„๋กœ ์žˆ์„ ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์—ˆ๋‹ค

in my own defense     ๋‚ด ์ž์‹ ์„ ๋ณ€ํ˜ธํ•˜๊ณ ์ž

when it comes to finding someone    ๋ˆ„๊ตฐ๊ฐ€๋ฅผ ์ฐพ๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์— ๊ด€ํ•ด

pick on    ๊ดด๋กญํžˆ๋‹ค

dreaming up B    B๋ฅผ ์ƒ๊ฐํ•ด ๋‚ธ


Page 57

play a joke on A    A์—๊ฒŒ ์žฅ๋‚œ์„ ์น˜๋‹ค

stay hidden    ์ˆจ์–ด์žˆ๋‹ค

all around the house    ์ง‘์•ˆ ๊ณณ๊ณณ 

I probably would've stayed hidden under there for a little while more.

get A to crack    A๋ฅผ ๋ฌด๋„ˆ์ง€๊ฒŒ ๋งŒ๋“ค์—ˆ๋‹ค


Page 58

point fingers on B    B์— ๋น„๋‚œํ•˜๋‹ค

point fingers at A    A์—๊ฒŒ ๋น„๋‚œํ•˜๋‹ค

A be to blame    A์—๊ฒŒ ์ฑ…์ž„์ด ์žˆ๋‹ค

A be to blame for B

Chirag pretty much give up on trying to get anyone in our class to talk to him.


Page 59

keep him away from Chirag

I had a feeling Rowlet would blow the joke.

blow the joke    ๋“คํ†ต๋‚˜๊ฒŒ ํ•˜๋‹ค, (๊ธฐํšŒ๋ฅผ) ๋‚ ๋ฆฌ๋‹ค

kind of got too cocky    ๋„ˆ๋ฌด ์˜ค๋งŒํ•ด์กŒ๋‹ค

let my guard down    ๋ฐฉ์‹ฌํ•˜๋‹ค, ํ‹ˆ์„ ๋ณด์ด๋‹ค

work on ๊ณต๋žตํ•˜๋‹ค    (Chirag started working on Rowley at lunch.)

he came really close to getting him to crack    ๊ทธ๊ฐ€ ๊ฑฐ์˜ ๋„˜์–ด๊ฐ€๊ฒŒ ํ•  ๋ป” ํ•˜๋‹ค

act quick

a floating corn dog hovering above our lunch table    ์šฐ๋ฆฌ์˜ ์ ์‹ฌ ์‹ํƒ ์œ„๋ฅผ ๋– ๋‹ค๋‹ˆ๋Š”(There was a floating corn dog hovering above our lunch table.)

pluck/pull B out of the/thin air    ์ƒ๊ฐ์ด ๊ฐ‘์ž๊ธฐ ๋– ์˜ค๋ฅด๋‹ค/๋ถˆ์‘ฅ ๋งํ•˜๋‹ค/๊ธ‰์กฐํ•˜๋‹ค (I plucked it out of the air and ate in two bites.)


Page 60

my quick thinking

keep the joke going

not as good as the regular kind, though

Is there a flea breathing on me?

a tiny little flea is breathing on me



๐Ÿ‘‚ 28:23



๋Œ“๊ธ€ ์—†์Œ:

๋Œ“๊ธ€ ์“ฐ๊ธฐ

Blue Oases of Sauerland: 4 Best Swimming Lakes Near Brilon (+ A Hidden Spot)

Blue Oases of Sauerland: 4 Best Swimming Lakes Near Brilon (+ A Hidden Spot) In the Sauerland region of Germany, near the town of Brilon, th...